Stay Aware of Your Health and Learn How to Help Prevent Disease
Determining your risk for cancer or other serious medical conditions is the first step in taking control of your overall health. You can find out more about the risk factors for breast cancer and the other topics discussed in our recent blogs by looking through these helpful links:
- Visit the Harvard Medical School website to learn more about what to do in medical emergencies and how to perform basic lifesaving techniques.
- You can read more about breast cancer and the importance of detecting it early from the American Cancer Society .
- Read this article from BreastCancer.org to learn more about how to reduce your risk for developing breast cancer.
- This fact sheet found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website provides information on alcohol use and how it can affect your health.
- Post-stroke rehabilitation can help patients with a wide range of disabilities caused by stroke. This article from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke goes into more detail about the benefits of stroke rehab.
- Become aware of the signs of stroke by reading this article from the American Stroke Association .
- This PubMed Health article provides more information about the causes, incidence, and risk factors for atrial septal defect , a congenital heart defect.
- The American Heart Association lists the many types of heart disease on their website and describes each in depth.
- This article from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute answers some frequently asked questions about coronary heart disease and its causes.
If you still have questions, contact the staff of Regional Medical Center of San Jose at (408) 259-4000—we are happy to answer your health-related questions.